The College Student Struggle is Real
People always ask me how I manage to balance two jobs and going to school full-time. I’ll let you in on a little secret of how I stay sane…it’s called planning! Ta-Da!!! No, but honestly, I have to plan my days weeks in advance in my yearly calendar, or else I would go insane. I have to write down deadlines and highlight them. Balancing two jobs and full-time college is very challenging, but I know I can handle it because I find time for myself, and I reward myself when I get paid two checks in one week. I’m always tired, but I often have to remind myself that this is just temporary, and my dream career is so close yet so far.
Without further ado, here are a few tips for being successful when balancing two jobs and school:
- Allow yourself enough time to sleep at least 8 hours to be well rested for the next day.
- Spoil yourself, but don’t go crazy.
- Take time to do things you love like spending time out with friends.
- SAVE…save…save! There’s no point in earning two checks and not saving any money. Put it into your emergency fund.
- Go to the gym 2 or 3 times a week for 30 minutes to allow your brain to destress from all of the mental work you have to do.
- Use an agenda that’s easily accessible and easy to write in. Write down important dates and little reminders for yourself.
For more resources on personal and professional development, you can follow Family Bridges on social media @familybridges.